Last Updated on April 2, 2021 by Henry John
According to Vince Martin, an InvestorPlace contributor, “Even before broader market collapse in February, natural gas stocks were falling fast. The reason was simple: natural gas prices were plunging.”
And that plunge continues till date, but that’s not to say they would never rebound.
So, if you hope for a rebound in Natural Gas stocks, here is a list of small-cap natural gas stocks that are currently under $1, $5 and $10 to consider:
1. Antero Midstream Corporation
Antero Midstream Corporation owns and operates midstream energy assets. It owns and operates natural gas gathering pipelines, compression stations, processing and fractionation plants, and water handling and treatment assets in the Marcellus Shale and Utica Shale basins. The company was founded in 2013 and is headquartered in Denver, Colorado.
2. Antero Resources Corporation
Antero Resources Corporation, an independent oil and natural gas company, acquires, explores for, develops, and produces natural gas, natural gas liquids, and oil properties in the United States. As of December 31, 2019, the company had approximately 451,000 net acres in the southwestern core of the Marcellus Shale; and 91,000 net acres in the core of the Utica Shale. It also owned and operated 324 miles of gas gathering pipelines in the Marcellus Shale; 17 compressor stations in the Marcellus Shale; 110 miles of low-pressure and high-pressure gathering pipelines in the Utica Shale; 8 miles of high-pressure pipelines; and 2 compressor stations in the Utica Shale.
The company had estimated proved reserves of 18.9 trillion cubic feet of natural gas equivalent, including 11.5 trillion cubic feet of natural gas; 652 million barrels of assumed recovered ethane; 540 million barrels of primarily propane, isobutane, normal butane, and natural gasoline; and 42 million barrels of oil. The company was formerly known as Antero Resources Appalachian Corporation and changed its name to Antero Resources Corporation in June 2013.
Antero Resources Corporation was founded in 2002 and is headquartered in Denver, Colorado.
3. Cenovus Energy Inc.
Cenovus Energy Inc., together with its subsidiaries, develops, produces, and markets crude oil, natural gas liquids, and natural gas in Canada and the United States.
The company operates through Oil Sands, Deep Basin, and Refining and Marketing segments.
The Oil Sands segment develops and produces bitumen in northeast Alberta. Its bitumen assets include Foster Creek, Christina Lake, and Narrows Lake, as well as other projects in the early stages of development. The Deep Basin segment holds assets primarily located in Elmworth-Wapiti, Kaybob-Edson, and Clearwater operating areas of British Columbia and Alberta, as well as various interests in natural gas processing facilities. The Refining and Marketing segment transports, sells, and refines crude oil into petroleum and chemical products. This segment owns a 50% ownership in Wood River and Borger refineries located in the United States; and owns and operates a crude-by-rail terminal in Alberta.
Cenovus Energy Inc. was founded in 2009 and is headquartered in Calgary, Canada.
4. Lonestar Resources US Inc.
Lonestar Resources US Inc., an independent oil and gas company, engages in the acquisition, development, and production of unconventional oil, natural gas liquids, and natural gas properties in the United States.
It primarily focuses on Eagle Ford Shale properties that cover an area of 53,831 net acres in Texas counties.
The company was incorporated in 2015 and is headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas.
5. Gulfport Energy Corporation
Gulfport Energy Corporation engages in the exploration, development, acquisition, and production of natural gas, crude oil, and natural gas liquids (NGL) in the United States. Its principal properties include Utica Shale covering an area of approximately 205,000 net reservoir acres primarily located in Eastern Ohio; and SCOOP covering an area of approximately 76,000 net reservoir acres primarily located in Oklahoma.
As of December 31, 2019, it had 4.5 trillion cubic feet of natural gas equivalent of proved reserves; proved undeveloped reserves of 10 MMbbl of oil; and 2,291 Bcf of natural gas and 32 MMbbl of NGL.
The company was incorporated in 1997 and is headquartered in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
6. Goodrich Petroleum Corporation
Goodrich Petroleum Corporation, an independent oil and natural gas company, engages in the exploration, development, and production of oil and natural gas. It primarily holds interests in the Haynesville Shale Trend in northwest Louisiana and East Texas; Tuscaloosa Marine Shale Trend located in southwest Mississippi and southeast Louisiana; and the Eagle Ford Shale Trend situated in South Texas. The company owns interests in 176 producing oil and natural gas wells located in 37 fields in seven states of the United States.
As of December 31, 2019, it had estimated proved reserves of approximately 517 billion cubic feet equivalent, which included 510 billion cubic feet of natural gas and 1.1 million barrels of crude oil or other liquid hydrocarbons of oil and condensate.
The company was founded in 1995 and is based in Houston, Texas.
7. Forum Energy Technologies, Inc.
Forum Energy Technologies, Inc. designs, manufactures, and distributes products to the oil and natural gas industry in the United States and internationally.
The company operates through three segments: Drilling & Downhole, Completions, and Production.
- The Drilling & Downhole segment designs, manufactures, and supplies products and provide related services to the drilling, downhole, and subsea markets, and other markets, such as alternative energy, defense, and communications. This segment offers drilling technologies consisting of capital equipment and a line of products consumed in the drilling; downhole technologies, such as cementing and casing tools, and protection products for artificial lift equipment and cables; and subsea technologies, including robotic vehicles and other capital equipment, specialty components and tools, complementary subsea technical services and rental items, and products used in pipeline infrastructure.
- The Completions segment provides products and related services to the coiled tubing, stimulation, and intervention markets. This segment offers stimulation and intervention technologies, including hydraulic fracturing pumps, pump consumables, cooling systems, flow iron, wireline cable, and pressure control equipment as well as related recertification and refurbishment services; and coiled tubing products consisting of coiled tubing strings and line pipes.
- The Production segment designs, manufactures, and supplies products, and provides related equipment and services to the production and infrastructure markets. This segment supplies production equipment, including well site production and process equipment; and a range of industrial and process valves.
The company was formerly known as Forum Oilfield Technologies, Inc. and changed its name to Forum Energy Technologies, Inc. in August 2010. Forum Energy Technologies, Inc. was incorporated in 2005 and is headquartered in Houston, Texas.
8. Equitrans Midstream Corporation
Equitrans Midstream Corporation owns, operates, acquires, and develops natural gas gathering, transmission and storage, and water services assets in the Appalachian Basin.
It operates through three segments: Gathering, Transmission, and Water.
- The Gathering System segment include 990 miles of high-pressure gathering lines with compression of approximately 445,000 horsepower and multiple interconnect points; and approximately 920 miles of Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) low-pressure gathering lines.
- Its Transmission and Storage System segment comprises 950 miles of FERC regulated interstate pipeline that connects to seven interstate pipelines and local distribution companies.
- The Water System segment include two independent systems comprised approximately 180 miles of pipeline that deliver fresh water from the Monongahela River, the Ohio River, local reservoirs, and various regional waterways.
Equitrans Midstream Corporation was founded in 2018 and is headquartered in Canonsburg, Pennsylvania.
9. Denbury Resources Inc.
Denbury Resources Inc. operates as an independent oil and natural gas company in the United States.
It holds interests in various oil and natural gas properties located in Mississippi, Texas, and Louisiana in the Gulf Coast region; and in Montana, North Dakota, and Wyoming in the Rocky Mountain region.
As of December 31, 2019, the company had 230.2 million barrels of oil equivalent of estimated proved oil and natural gas reserves. Denbury Resources Inc. was incorporated in 2003 and is headquartered in Plano, Texas.
10. Altus Midstream Company
Altus Midstream Company owns gas gathering, processing, and transmission assets in the Permian Basin of West Texas.
As of December 31, 2019, its assets included approximately 178 miles of in-service natural gas gathering, 55 miles of residue gas, and 38 miles of natural gas liquids (NGL) pipelines; three cryogenic processing trains; and an NGL truck loading terminal with six lease automatic custody transfer units and eight NGL bullet tanks.
The company is based in Houston, Texas. Altus Midstream Company is a subsidiary of Apache Midstream LLC.