Industrial and warehouse house automation has been on the rise for decades now. And that rise is expected to keep moving upwards.
As expected industrial and/or warehouse automation companies are among those at the forefront benefiting from this rise.
Perhaps your interest in industrial and warehouse automation stocks is to also benefit from the rise or perhaps not.
Here are 10 major industrial and warehouse automation companies that are publicly traded:
ABB Ltd manufactures and sells electrification, industrial automation, motion, and robotics and discrete automation products for customers in utilities, industry and transport, and infrastructure worldwide.
- The company’s Electrification Products segment provides electric vehicle charging infrastructure, solar power solutions, modular substation packages, distribution automation products, switchboard and panel boards, switchgears, UPS solutions, circuit breakers, measuring and sensing devices, control products, wiring accessories, enclosures and cabling systems, and intelligent home and building solutions.
This segment serves building, data center, rail, wind and solar, power distribution, food and beverage, marine, e-mobility, and oil and gas industries.
- Its Industrial Automation segment provides process and discrete control solutions, advanced process control software and manufacturing execution systems, sensing solutions, measurement and analytical instrumentation and solutions, electric ship propulsion systems, and turbochargers, as well as remote monitoring, preventive maintenance, and cybersecurity services.
This segment serves companies in the oil and gas, minerals and mining, metals, pulp and paper, chemicals and pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, power generation, and marine industries.
- The company’s Motion segment offers motors, generators, drives, wind converters, mechanical power transmissions, complete electrical powertrain systems and related services and digital solutions for a wide range of applications in industry, transportation, infrastructure, and utilities.
This segment serves machinery manufacturers, process industries, hybrid and batch manufacturers, transportation equipment manufacturers, discrete manufacturing companies, logistics and utility industries, and customers in the automotive industry.
- Its Robotics & Discrete Automation segment offers robotics, controllers, software, function packages, cells, programmable logic controllers, industrial PCs, servo motion, engineered manufacturing solutions, turn-key solutions, and collaborative robot solutions, as well as digital solutions, and field and after sales services.
ABB Ltd was founded in 1883 and is headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland.
Siemens Aktiengesellschaft operates in the fields of electrification, automation, and digitalization worldwide.
- Its Digital Industries segment offers automation systems and software for factories, numerical control systems, motors, drives and inverters, and integrated automation systems for machine tools and production machines; process control systems, machine-to-machine communication products, sensors and radio frequency identification systems, and production lifecycle software; mechatronic systems simulation and testing software; and cloud-based industrial Internet of Things operating system.
- The company’s Smart Infrastructure segment supplies and connects energy systems and building technologies to enhance efficiency and sustainability, as well as supports customers to address technology shifts.
- Its Gas and Power segment offers gas and steam turbines, generators, compressor trains, reciprocating engines, modular power supply and integrated power plant solutions, and instrumentation and control systems for power generation; transmission products, systems, and solutions, which enables multi-vendor and bidirectional flow of energy and information; and power transformers, high voltage switchgears and components, and high-voltage direct current products.
- The company’s Mobility segment provides passenger and freight transportation, including rail vehicles, rail automation and electrification systems, road traffic technology, digital solutions, and related services; and mobility system services.
- Its Siemens Healthineers segment offers medical technology and software solutions; and clinical consulting and training.
- The company’s Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy segment provides wind turbines; and develops, constructs, and sells wind farms, as well as provides services for wind farms.
- Its Financial Services segment offers leasing solutions and equipment; and debt and equity investment products.
The company was founded in 1847 and is headquartered in Munich, Germany.
Rockwell Automation, Inc. provides industrial automation and digital transformation solutions. It operates in two segments, Architecture & Software, and Control Products & Solutions.
- The Architecture & Software segment offers a portfolio of automation and information platforms, including hardware and software. Its products include programmable automation controllers; design, visualization, and simulation software; and human machine interface products, networking products, industrial computers, sensing devices, machine safety devices, motion control products, and independent cart technology products.
This segment also offers manufacturing execution systems and analytics software to enhance operational productivity and meet regulatory requirements.
- The Control Products & Solutions segment offers low and medium voltage electro-mechanical and electronic motor starters, AC/DC variable frequency drives, motor control and circuit protection devices, operator and signaling devices, termination and protection devices, relays and timers, and electrical control accessories.
This segment also provides pre-configured line and load power solutions, packaged drives, motor control centers, and intelligent packaged power and engineered to order automation equipment solutions; and professional lifecycle services, such as safety, security, and digital transformation consulting, as well as automation and information project delivery capabilities, plant network, cloud, cybersecurity, asset management and predictive analytics, and remote, on-site, and managed support services.
It primarily serves a range of industries, which include the automotive, semiconductor, and warehousing and logistics; food and beverage, and life sciences; and oil and gas, metals, and chemicals through independent distributors and direct sales force worldwide.
Rockwell Automation, Inc. was founded in 1903 and is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
OMRON Corporation engages in industrial automation, social systems, healthcare, environmental solutions, automotive electronic, and mechanical components businesses worldwide.
- The company’s Industrial Automation Business offers sensors, switches, safety and control components, relays, automation systems, motion/drives, robotics, energy conservation support/environment measure equipment, and power supplies.
- Its Social Systems Business provides wrong-way vehicle detection systems, automated ticket gates, and ticket vending machines, as well as onboard driver monitoring service.
- The company’s Healthcare Business offers blood pressure monitors, nebulizers, electrotherapy TENS devices, digital thermometers, body composition monitors, and others.
- Its Environmental Solutions Business provides PV inverters, monitoring systems, surveillant maintenance/O&M services, hybrid storage systems, flexible storage systems, power monitors, and protective relays.
- The company’s Automotive Electronic Business offers body, motor, and power control products, and active safety products.
- Its Mechanical Components Business provides relays, switches, connectors, sensors, and components/units for amusement equipment.
The company was formerly known as OMRON Tateisi Electronics Co. and changed its name to OMRON Corporation in January 1990. OMRON Corporation was founded in 1933 and is headquartered in Kyoto, Japan.
Fanuc Corporation provides factory automation products in Japan, the United States, Europe, Asia, and internationally.
The company offers CNC series products, servo motors, lasers, robots, compact machining centers, electric injection molding machines, wire-cut electric discharge machines, and ultra-precision machines.
It also provides FANUC Intelligent Edge Link and Drive system, an open platform for the manufacturing industry.
The company was incorporated in 1950 and is headquartered in Yamanashi, Japan.
Honeywell International Inc. operates as a diversified technology and manufacturing company worldwide.
- The Aerospace segment offers auxiliary power units, propulsion engines, integrated avionics, environmental control and electric power systems, engine controls, flight safety, communications, navigation hardware, data and software applications, radar and surveillance systems, aircraft lighting, advanced systems and instruments, satellite and space components, and aircraft wheels and brakes; spare parts; repair, overhaul, and maintenance services; thermal systems; and connected solutions and data services for the aftermarket, as well as wireless connectivity, and management and technical services.
- The company’s Honeywell Building Technologies segment offers advanced software applications for building control and optimization; sensors, switches, control systems and instruments for energy management; access control; video surveillance; fire products; remote patient monitoring systems; e-cooling heat transfer agents; and installation, maintenance, and upgrades of systems.
- Its Performance Materials and Technologies segment offers automation control, instrumentation, and advanced software and related services; catalysts and adsorbents, equipment, and consulting; and materials used to manufacture end products, such as bullet-resistant armor, nylon, computer chips, and pharmaceutical packaging, as well as Honeywell forge connected solutions.
- The company’s Safety and Productivity Solutions segment provides personal protection equipment, apparel, gear, and footwear; gas detection technology; and cloud-based notification and emergency messaging; and mobile devices and software; supply chain and warehouse automation equipment, and software and solutions; custom-engineered sensors, switches, and controls; and software-based data and asset management productivity solutions.
Honeywell International Inc. was incorporated in 1985 and is headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina.
7. KION GROUP
KION GROUP AG provides industrial trucks, warehouse technology, supply chain solutions, and related services worldwide. The company operates through Industrial Trucks and Services, and Supply Chain Solutions segments.
It develops, manufactures, and sells forklifts and warehouse trucks, such as counterbalance trucks with electric drive and internal combustion engine, ride-on and hand-operated industrial trucks, towing vehicles, and automated trucks and autonomous trucks under the Linde, Fenwick, STILL, OM STILL, Baoli, and OM Voltas brands.
The company also manufactures and sells spare parts; leases industrial trucks and related items; offers maintenance and repair services; and finances long-term leases.
In addition, it provides integrated technology and software solutions, including conveyors, sorters, storage and retrieval systems, picking equipment, palletisers, and robotic solutions under the Dematic brand name.
The company was formerly known as KION Holding 1 GmbH. KION GROUP AG was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Frankfurt am Main, Germany.
KUKA Aktiengesellschaft, an automation company, provides robot-based automation solutions worldwide. It operates through five segments: Systems, Robotics, Swisslog, Swisslog Healthcare, and China.
The company offers solutions for automating manufacturing processes, including body production, and engines and transmissions assembling; and systems, such as individual system components, tools and fixtures, automated production cells, and turnkey systems for the automotive industry.
It also provides industrial robots, robot controllers, cells, and software. In addition, the company offers automated solutions for hospitals, warehouses, and distribution centers.
It serves customers in the automotive, electronics, e-commerce/retail, consumer goods, and healthcare industries.
The company was formerly known as Industrie-Werke Karlsruhe Augsburg Aktiengesellschaft and changed its name to KUKA Aktiengesellschaft in 2007. The company was founded in 1898 and is headquartered in Augsburg, Germany. KUKA Aktiengesellschaft is a subsidiary of Midea Group CO., Ltd.
9. Daifuku Co.
Daifuku Co., Ltd. provides consulting, engineering, design, manufacture, installation, and after-sales services for logistics systems and material handling equipment in Japan and internationally.
The company offers automated warehousing, various storage and transport, and sorting and picking systems to distributors, including e-commerce, retail, wholesale, transportation, and warehousing customers, as well as to food, pharmaceuticals, and chemicals manufactures; and cleanroom transport and storage systems used in manufacturing semiconductors and flat panel displays for smartphones and tablet computers.
It also provides systems for automobile production processes; and solutions for airports comprising baggage handling systems, automated baggage check-in systems, baggage screening systems, and software and controls.
In addition, the company offers car wash machines to filling stations and automobile dealers; and high-end industrial personal computers, controllers used in medical devices, computers built in digital signage, and measuring/control systems for solar facilities, as well as IT systems and wireless power supply solutions.
The company was formerly known as Daifuku Machinery Works Co., Ltd. Daifuku Co., Ltd. was founded in 1937 and is headquartered in Osaka, Japan.
Schneider Electric S.E. provides energy and automation digital solutions worldwide. The company operates in two segments, Energy Management and Industrial Automation.
It offers busway and cable management products, circuit breakers and switches, contactors and protection relays, electrical protection and control products, fuse and safety switches, motor starters and protection components, power monitoring and control products, power quality and power factor correction products, pushbuttons, switches, pilot lights and joysticks, software products, surge protection and power conditioning products, and switchboards and enclosures.
The company also provides access control, building management, fire and security, network infrastructure and connectivity, power monitoring and control, power quality and power factor correction, sensor, valve and valve actuator, variable speed drive and soft starter, and video management system products.
In addition, it offers feeder automation and grid automation and SCADA software products, medium voltage switchgears and transformers, outdoor equipment, power monitoring and control products, protection relays, substation automation products, and switchgear components.
Further, the company provides data center software, IT power distribution products, prefabricated data center modules, racks and accessories, security and environmental monitoring products, surge protection and power conditioning products, and uninterruptible power supply (UPS) products.
Additionally, it offers electrical protection and control products, home automation and security products, installation materials and systems, light switches and electrical sockets, network infrastructure and connectivity products, and UPS. It also provides industrial automation and control products; energy access products, such as collective solutions and home systems; and solar and energy storage products.
The company was founded in 1836 and is headquartered in Rueil-Malmaison, France.
I’m a Technology Stock Analyst, with focus on companies developing cutting-edge techs. Keeping track of cutting-edge techs, companies and stocks is what I do almost everyday. And I love it. Whether it’s artificial intelligence, 5g, or autonomous vehicles; I’m all in.